Sunday, September 6, 2009

At what point does Karen go insane?

That is the question today. Precisely how many days of essentially being stuck in the house watching messes accumulate around me while I'm too weak to do something about it can I endure? Around 5pm EST tonight I will hit the 8 solid day mark of being sick. I honestly cannot tell you when the last time (if ever) I was this sick occurred. I really don't think I ever had a fever for more than 6 or 7 days. And even then, the fever would break for a bit here and there. My body temperature has not been below 99 for nearly 8 whole days. Considering I'm one of those people who typically run around 97.6 I'd say that's bad.

When I went to the Take Care Clinic at Walgreens on Friday I got the impression that the 72 year old Nurse Practitioner thought I was in pretty good shape. Sure, waking up every 40 minutes coughing or drenched in sweat is normal for a 31 year old. My ear that has been killing me is supposedly clear, my chest that feels raw from coughing is just fine and my rather unproductive cough was labeled as productive because I brought up phlegm twice in two days. Oh yeah, that's productive.

I still have things to do to get my kids ready for school. Things I wanted to have done last week. Madeline needs the little beaded tags that I make for her book bag and lunch box with her class number and her name. I also still need to get her a back to school outfit for the first day. At this point I suspect that's not going to happen.

It's killing me that I haven't been able to spend much time with my girls. They come and visit me in my room a few times a day and they talk to me a little when I relocate to the family room for a change of scenery, but I'm not getting to play with them. I miss chasing them around the house and acting goofy. I miss pestering Mr. Furkins. Even he knows something is going on.

This weekend is our last weekend with nothing scheduled until the week before Thanksgiving. Starting next weekend we have a soccer game on Saturday and Sunday, and starting the next weekend I begin teaching my CCD class and Ellie's class begins, as well. Life is about to get very busy here. I feel like the last week of Summer vacation has been squandered.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...