Thursday, June 25, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

It's Thursday?  Really?  Color me confused.  Clearly the first week of Summer vacation has quickly passed by me.  Amazing how things like this work.  Let's move onward towards my small successes, shall we?

1. I managed to put a band aid type of repair on Ellie (really it's Madeline's) Bitty Twin stroller that allows it to be used.  My little friend Ellie decided that it would be a good idea to lay her 37 pound body across the pricey little doll stroller.  She obliterated the plastic hinges.  After a lot of struggling, I was able to force the stroller back together.  Thanks to 3M heavy duty velcro, I managed to reinforce the hinges by wrapping them like a hurt ankle.  Provided that Miss Ellie has learned her lesson that we DO NOT sit on doll strollers the toy should see a lot more play time.  I spent all week telling her not to sit on it.

2. I survived taking both of my girls to BJ's, Target, and Acme.  I haven't taken both girls to the grocery store since last Summer.  It's amazing how much of a challenge taking two kids grocery shopping can be when you are used to going alone or with just one kid.  School, I miss you.  Come back!

3. I baked this week.  Shocking, isn't it?  And I didn't just bake, I made buttercream icing from scratch, too!  I've never made icing before and was surprised that it was so easy to do.  The best part is the icing tasted great. Yay!

Bonus: I've also completed my first reviews for The Catholic Company and Tiber River this week.  I've been busy.

2 comments:

  1. What a GREAT list!!!! Many blessings to you!!!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that buttercream frosting was delicious! I always think the frosting is the best part of the cake

    seems like a good first week of summer!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...