Friday, June 5, 2009

I'm officially trapped

I've had a particularly rough week, and it just got a little worse.  In the grand scheme of things, I know things could be far worse, but allow me my pity party.  So much has gone wrong this week, that it's almost funny, but not quite.

Bryan has been in San Francisco for a conference since this past Monday.  While he's been gone, life has just been handing me lemon after lemon. Between the girls acting up, the dog and his many accidents and my newly broken garage door, I'm having more fun than I ought to!

For the most part, nothing that has gone wrong has been major.  No one is sick or hurt.  It's just been nagging little things that have been piling up.  

Today I came home from picking Madeline up at school to a broken garage door.  The cable on one of the pulleys on the garage door snapped off the frame work.  I have no idea if it's something that can be repaired.  What I do know is my car is trapped in the garage until Bryan gets home.  I can't get the door to lock, and I can't lift it up (too heavy for me, and I have a bad back so I can't force it).  

I'm tired, cranky and simply not amused.  I want to just go to sleep and pretend that none of this has happened.  Have I ever mentioned how much I hate it when Bryan travels?  Something always goes wrong while he's away.  It never gets easier.

2 comments:

  1. TGIF, hope your husband is home soon and the parade of lemons eases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! There is supposed to be some string that you can pull and the garage door will be free of the not-so-automatic door opener.
    Hope things get better for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...