Thursday, June 11, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up
1. Ellie let the dog outside yesterday afternoon without a leash, and I managed to successfully capture my crazy dog with the help of yet another set of awesome neighbors. Have I mentioned recently how good all of my neighbors are to us? I hope that Ellie never does this again.
2. Ellie is finished preschool for the year. She had a little graduation on Tuesday and I felt such a rush of parental pride as I watched my little Hippie Hopper* sing and dance.
3. I have started to accept that Madeline is growing up. I am now allowing her to ride her bike around the block (sidewalk only) with the boy from next door. Letting go can be so difficult.

*Just another one of the litany of pet names I have for Ellie.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, you are right, letting go is sooo hard. You want to give them that independence, but at the same time you worry (constantly) about their safety. I always think doing things in numbers, i.e. riding her bike with another person, is good because if one comes to harm the other can go and get help. My son is 20 and I still worry about him when he goes out, LOL. Lots of prayers for sure!

    I bet that preschool graduation was cute; they are so adorble at that age

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, many hugs, and what a great list...I'm right there with you as a mom!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...