Friday, March 22, 2013

Quick Takes Volume 64


~1~
VBS registration is going very well.  It's been less than two weeks since registration was announced and already I have close to forty children registered.  I feel very confident that I'll have 100 campers registered at least a month before the registration deadline.  I'm hoping we hit max registration as quickly as possible so I can focus on other aspects of VBS that need my attention.
~2~
I am praying that I will have all of the adult volunteers lined up soon.  I've been a little worried about it since I lost several volunteers from last year.  This morning while at Mass I was praying that I'd be able to find some more adults to help out.  God is so good.  On my way out a woman who had been an aide the past two years walked past me.  I'll be calling or emailing her later today to see if she'd like to help out again.  Just a few minutes ago I got a phone call from the mother of two girls who also want to help as student volunteers.  We're getting closer!
~3~

Bryan keeps reminding me to print and mail out Ellie's First Holy Communion invitations.  We only get  six tickets for the Mass and siblings need tickets, so I had to create two different sets of invites.  One for those who can come to the Mass and another for everyone else who will only get to come to the brunch back at our house.  Using the awesome free First Communion invites (I used the pink striped one) from Angie at Many Little Blessings and PicMonkey [for free editing] I was able to make two nice looking invitations that I uploaded to Sam's Club for 1 hour printing.  I'm ran out and got them after lunch.  I love how they turned out!  I hope to get them in the mail today.
~4~
Trying to blog with a toddler in your lap isn't easy.  If you ever see incoherent sentences or blatant misspellings assume that my little editor had something to do with it.  She simply hits the track pad and instantly the text is jumbled.  It's a good thing she's such a cutie pie!
~5~
Katie and I went to a playgroup for our church yesterday.  It was held at a friend's house.  We did an egg hunt.  Katie was more interested in trying to put little toy cars and trains in her basket than she was in finding eggs.  I wonder if she was the only child who attempted to steal toys.
~6~
We've got another busy soccer filled weekend ahead of us.  Madeline has a game tomorrow and Ellie has one on Sunday.  Bryan has to be at the soccer complex all day on Sunday, so that means we're likely going to the super early 7:30am Mass on Sunday before I teach my class.  Is it late May yet?  Soccer makes life around here very hectic.
~7~
Would you believe that I have a huge stack of thank you notes sitting in my china cabinet that simply need stamps and addresses written on them?  Will you think I'm awful if I tell you that some of them are from Katie's birthday in October?  I really need to send them out.  A month or so ago when I was cleaning I found thank you notes from when Ellie turned two.  A few of the thank you notes were addressed to family members who passed away a few years after.  I can't tell you how awful I felt to find those thank you notes just sitting there.  All they needed was a stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...