Thursday, October 1, 2009

This mom will be sleeping tonight!

Since I'm the neurotic mother of the year, I decided that I needed to follow up with Madeline's teacher this afternoon to make sure that we were successful in getting her removed from the BSI program.

I'm happy to report that I've been informed that a child cannot be forced into the program if the parent does not consent. That is a HUGE relief. Don't get me wrong, I think BSI is great for children who actually need it, but it's not needed or necessary for Madeline.

So that said, I'm going to take a deep breath and try to relax now. Once the mama bear in me is roused, she doesn't calm easily. It's amazing how quickly I spring into action if I perceive a threat to my child's best interest. I should probably come with a warning label that simply states: Don't mess with this mom, she's verbose, unrelenting, and quick to react.


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...