Thursday, October 8, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.
1. I successfully lobbied to have Madeline removed from the basic skills math roster. I'm still in disbelief that they wanted to put an A/B math student in a remedial math class.
2. I finally wrapped the birthday present for my girls' friend that has been sitting on our dining room table for three weeks. The party was three weeks ago and we couldn't make it. I can wrap Christmas gifts three months in advance, but I can't wrap a little birthday gift.
3. My partial-homeschooling of Ellie with handwriting and letter recognition that I started last week is going really well. On the days that she doesn't have school, We work on letters, the sound they make and writing the letters in upper and lower case. I've discovered that Ellie is a perfectionist. For the past year I assumed she was just a very stubborn kid who didn't want to learn, but I've come to realize that she's a perfectionist who gets extremely frustrated if she can't get something right on the first try.

Bonus: I got more of my Christmas shopping finished last weekend. A friend of mine posted a great deal on Yankee Candles on her Facebook page that allowed me to get several people on my list taken care of at a great price. Now I have more gift wrapping to do!

3 comments:

  1. here from F&F live...WTG on number 1! dealing with school beauracrasy can be a nightmare. I have a friend who is really fighting for her som right now. Kind of a similar situation. Also, I am in AWE that you finished Christmas shopping. Honey that is NO small success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not finished Christmas shopping yet. I'm just about done shopping for my kids (still need stocking stuffers and a few little thing), and I finished shopping for a few people (like extended family members). I still have a good bit of shopping ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't even thought about Christmas shopping yet! So when you are done, any chance you want to do mine??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...