Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Cry with me

It looks like my day has gotten worse. It appears that my heating unit is no longer producing heat. My step father-in-law who knows a thing or two about heating walked me through the process of checking that the blower still works (it does) and reigniting the furnace pilot. I even replaced the batteries on my pain in the butt not user friendly digital thermostat (another gem from the previous owners).

I'm beside myself right now. The house is 63 degrees, despite the fact that I've had the heat on all day. My husband is on a plane that won't land for more than an hour. I could cry right now. We really don't need the added expense of a new furnace right now (it's 11 1/2 years old) but I have a feeling we're going to be buying a new one. On the positive side, we do have a gas fire place (that gives me the worst splitting headache) so it's not like we'll be without heat.

I feel really bad that the first thing I have to tell Bryan once he lands is that our heater doesn't seem to be working. I'm sure he won't be a happy camper. Why oh why must something go horribly wrong every time Bryan goes away on a business trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...