Thursday, April 7, 2011

Small Successes-April 7th

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

1. I just spent the last 3 1/2 hours cutting out all the necessary components for Catholic Icing's Last Supper craft for my 3rd grade religious ed class.  That means I cut out Jesus and his 12 apostles, the table cloth, and the egg cartons, too.  Then I had to slice the egg cartons to fit them together, add glue, hot glue on the table cloth, number the figures and the egg cartons.  I did all this to ensure that my students could color and complete the craft in under 30 minutes.  Last Sunday I did this craft with my kindergarten religious ed class and we almost didn't finish.  It's a great craft, but it's a huge undertaking with more than a few children and a tight time schedule.

2. I am doing my best to read through the small mountain of review books I have sitting in my dining room.  I read a couple books this week, which I haven't had time to review, so I was feeling rather proud of myself.  Then I walked out to the mail box and found two more books.  Sigh.  On the bright side, I'm trying not to feel guilty that I haven't been able to crank out reviews in under a week these days.

3. I cleaned my stove top!  I can't tell you how long it has been since I last took care of it.  I'd say it's been at least a month if not 9 weeks or so.  Again, I'm not letting myself feel guilty.  I have a perfectly valid reason for not being on top of it.

4. I almost forgot.  I not only made it through the marathon day of going to all three of Madeline's school Spring Concerts last Thursday, (She had a short solo and sang beautifully, by the way.) I also survived going on her field trip to the Franklin Institute the very next day.  I didn't lose any of the kids in my group!  Yay!  I'm actually capable of looking after four kids in a crowded place.

We will not be talking about how my laundry was totally under control as of Monday and is now once again in shambles.  Stop it!  I'm not going to discuss the load of wash in my washer that I have had to restart 3 times since Monday because I can't remember to put it in the dryer in a timely fashion.

If you have a young reader in your house please check out my review/giveaway of the first two books in the Imagination Station series.  The giveaway ends in just a few more days.

4 comments:

  1. What a great activity to do! You are so industrious! I love it! Great successes all the way around! (Don't get me talking about my laundry or the state of my toilet. You have to let those things go and get to them when you can sometimes.)
    gfmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE seeing a bright, shiny, clean stove top, but I don't get to it as often as I'd like either. I don't know why but seeing that clean stove always inspires me to make something delicious that will mess it all up again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you and Madeline!!
    Did you and she enjoy the Franklin Institute?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the 3 1/2 hours spent on that craft thingy merits you time off from purgatory. the sort of thing I avoid like that plague. In fact, I will probably spend my purgatory cutting up egg cartons and wielding glue guns.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...