Thursday, April 28, 2011

Small Successes-April 28th

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

1. On Monday, I planted four basil, five tomato and two pepper plants in three of our gardens.  I also pulled weeds and discovered grubs in one garden.  So far the gardens are looking good.

2. I started reading Jesus of Nazareth: Holy Week at the start of Holy Week and I managed to finish it on Easter Sunday.  You could also read the previous sentence as: I took a break from reviewing books and read something that was high on my list of books I really wanted to read.

3. On Monday the girls and I went to the dentist (No cavities!), then all of us [Bryan included] went to my childhood home which will be sold next Friday to take pictures and walk through the house one last time.  It's sad the house has to go, but there's nothing I can do about it.  Bryan and I simply couldn't afford what my parents were asking for it.  We stopped at a favorite local hoagie shop and I got and managed to eat half of chicken steak.  This is huge considering my chicken aversion that has lasted over three months.  As if the day wasn't packed enough with stuff to do, we also visited the zoo.  Did I mention that it was near 90 degrees that day?  It was one of those too hot to be pregnant days, but I survived and didn't whine too much.

Bonus: Our Easter was very nice.  The kids enjoyed hunting for their Easter eggs and we all had a nice dinner with my parents and brother.  Madeline altar served at the Easter Vigil and she didn't light anyone on fire.  That alone is a huge success.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely week! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed at how fast you read the book, given all the Mom stuff that had to be done along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone who's pregnant and goes to the zoo with kiddos when it's 90 degrees deserves kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it must have been a difficult time walking through your childhood home. I've often thought about planting herbs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...