Thursday, January 19, 2012

Small Successes-January 19th


FaithButton

Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

1. I think week three of eating dinner at home Monday-Friday (no ordering take out) is going quite nicely.  I used to read blogs where people talked about planning out a menu for a month or the week and I'd think it seemed so odd.  Why do you need to plan ahead for that?  Umm...yeah, maybe that's why at around 5PM every night I'd realize that we didn't have the ingredients for the dinner I had just decided to make, or would realize at that time that I should have started to cook an hour ago if I wanted to have it today.  So I know see the wisdom in planning ahead and going to the store to buy all the ingredients.

2. Both trees are gone and put away.  However, I'm not going to tell you that I can't figure out why the Advent calendars won't fit back into any of the boxes that they were in a couple months ago.  It's a mystery.  Of course, that means that I didn't put any of the totes that hold our Christmas decorations away.  I have a couple sitting out in the basement and one in the hall way on the main level.

3. I have the laundry mostly under control.  I have a couple of loads that need to be folded and another that needs to be run through the washer.  Some days I'm able to get a lot done while Katie naps, but other days she just wants to be held all day and so I try to oblige her as much as I can.  I did have to resort to wearing her in the Bjorn carrier a couple days ago so I could carry the laundry up the steps.  Going up and down stairs for about a half an hour with a baby either in my arms or strapped to me is a lot of work.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. I've done the Baby Bjorn bit with laundry. You brought back memories!

    About the menu bit: I still can't think in terms of a month but the weekly thing I can handle. It's funny how much easier it is if we write it down. Nice work this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job this week! I do my menus a week at a time too. And about 8 months ago could have written #1 myself. :)
    And man, I've been there on #3 - on those days I think back to our old house with no basement where the laundry room was just off the family room. But then I think "what would we do without the space we have in the basement?" Up and down the stairs is worth the extra space we have to store things....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...