Thursday, January 5, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real} Fun with my Christmas Gift

I used an amazon gift card and some money that I was given for Christmas and finally bought myself a new lens for my camera.  I've known for years that I should get one of these lenses, but I'm quite the cheapskate and refused to buy it for myself.  So nearly five years after getting the camera with the sub-par kit lens, I'm seeing why I shouldn't have waited so long.  The lens arrived this afternoon after I wrote the my {phfr} post, but I simply can't wait until next week's link up to share some of my new favorite pictures.

Let's just say that I'm a bit giddy that I didn't have to use a flash for any of these pictures.  The baby HATES the flash.  Maybe now Katie won't get that look of horror on her face every time I show up with the camera.

{pretty}


I love the color in this picture.  Who knew pictures of the baby's toys in motion could be so much fun?



I know Madeline is a bit blurry, but I love how the lights on the tree look.  My twinkle light frustration is finally over!

{happy}


I love the colors.  I think the happy little sun on this rattle would agree.



Katie is always happy to hang out on this play mat.  




{funny}



He doesn't think this is funny, but I love that I was able to capture his annoyance at having to wait for his treat.  Sadly, I wasn't fast enough to snap a picture of him flipping the treat into the air.

{real}


Leave it to Mr. Furkins to keep it real.  That bluish glint in both of his eyes is the TV.  I think it's interesting that you can see both sources of light for this picture in his eyes.  The eye on the right shows the kitchen light and the TV.

round button chicken

2 comments:

  1. Melanie- I already love it. I just need to take some time to play with the settings to get everything just right. I keep saying that one of these days I'll take the time to learn how to use all the settings on my camera but it doesn't happen. I mostly use trial and error to figure it out. I've even ventured into shooting some pictures completely manual. I usually shoot on the TV or AV settings.

    I've already set my sights on two other prime lenses, but I'll have to start saving money for them since they're far pricier than this one was.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...