Friday, January 13, 2012

Quick Takes Volume 26


~1~

Hi, my name is Karen, and I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to Starbucks.  We got a lot of Starbucks gift cards for Christmas this year, so I keep telling myself when I go and get my $5 drink that it's a gift so it's ok, but I'm pretty close to exhausting my gift cards.  My few time a week habit has become an almost daily habit.  $25-35 a week on coffee is a bit excessive, but it sure is yummy.  Bryan recently suggested I give it up for Lent.  I'm not sure I can do that.
~2~

I decided to be realistic about Katie's clothes and I returned the 3-6 month outfits I recently brought for her after seeing how packed her closet was after pulling out all of the hand-me-downs.  This is what happens when you hold on to your favorite outfits from older children and are then blessed with hand-me-downs from three other families.  I have the hardest time choosing what to dress Katie in most mornings.  Do I go with one of my old favorites or one of my new favorite outfits from someone else?  
~3~

I have a partially decorated tree in my living room.  I should be undecorating the tree while Katie naps instead of sitting in the dining room blogging hope I'll have time sometime soon to get everything put away.
~4~
Katie is fascinated by hockey.  If Bryan puts a game on TV she is completely riveted the entire time.  If this trend keeps up we will have to DVR a few games for the off season.
~5~
I had to go to Target today since Bryan wanted Starbucks [he's an enabler, really] so I took some time to wander aimlessly around the store.  They had the most adorable baby bathing suits with little tutu skirts.  I think one of those will be coming home with us in the future.  I'm just waiting for them to go on sale.
~6~
I'm starting to get ready for this year's VBS at our parish.  I already know several of the volunteers from last year are coming back for this year so I feel like this year won't be quite as stressful as last year was.  My awesome arts and crafts coordinator (Hi Tricia!) is already gathering ideas.  I'm so happy I have someone to collaborate with since that is such a big portion of the program.  Now I just need to pick a VBS program for this year.
~7~

Did you know that a narwhal is a real animal?  I had only ever heard of it in Elf where Buddy is saying goodbye to his arctic friends and this goofy looking whale with a unicorn horn on his head named Mr. Narwhal pops out of the water to say "Bye, Buddy.  Hope you find your dad."  Honestly, I thought Mr. Narwhal was a made up creature.  Ellie had to do a science project for school and she picked the narwhal as her arctic "pet" and so I learned about the narwhal.


2 comments:

  1. They have narwhals at Sea World. Very cool creatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to a Sea World in over 20 years. I could never stand the smell of the place. It would be neat to see a narwhal up close, though.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...