Thursday, February 11, 2010

A sound that makes my heart sing

I sat in the family room reading a book and my ears perked up as I heard a heavy vehicle driving down my street. At first thought, I suspected that UPS had finally made it to my show covered porch. I dashed to the living room to peek outside to find that the sound came from a much sweeter vehicle. The snow plow.

The deliveries I'm expecting still are not here, but that's fine by me. Sundresses, dressy Easter shoes and bathing suits can wait. For now, I'm perfectly content to marvel at how sweet it is to be able to see the blacktop. I'm getting a little tired of seeing white. God bless you snow plow driver! Perhaps school will be in session tomorrow because of heroic city employees like the fine man who liberated our development.

3 comments:

  1. Has the book made it, or is that too waiting for the postal service to work through their backlog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book made it here last week. I want to say it arrived on Thursday or Friday, but I can't remember. It's sitting in my growing pile of reading material. I'm hoping to curl up with it in the next week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL; that's what I thought when I read the title of your blog entry. take heart, spring is (sort of) around the corner

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...