Thursday, February 4, 2010

Small Successes-February 4th

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

1. I survived the stomach bug I had on Friday night (it was REALLY bad), and no one else in the house was affected.

2. I got the girls their Easter dresses earlier this week. Children's Place came out with their Easter dresses this week and I couldn't resist going to the store to check them out. Ellie and I had a difference of opinion about which dresses we should buy, but in the end she won because her second choice dress looked stunning on her. The dresses were 25% off and I was able to use my 15% off coupon, too. How sweet is that? The best thing about having their dresses already is that I won't have to spend hours fretting about how I should dress them. (And yes, I really do fritter away loads of time picking out clothes for my real live dolls. I used to be MUCH worse a few years ago.) Oh, and Madeline gets to wear these fabulous shoes with the dress. (Heck, while I'm at it, I might as well show you the adorable hair clip and sweater I got to complete the outfits.)

3. I'm caught up on the laundry! YAY!

4. Elisabeth can now spell her name using her Leap Frog magnets, and she's taking a strong interest in spelling short words. Who knows, maybe I'll be helping her to read sometime in the near future.

5 comments:

  1. Nothing is better than the children's place. Nothing!!!! Love the stuff!! and yeah for already being ready for Easter!!!

    Much love!!!! Oh - yeah for spelling with the magnets...so neat! I love this age...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easter Already?! Wow! YOu are very organized :) And they never have such cute things for boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to be ready for Easter all ready! It is a huge success to be ready for any holiday in advance.

    Also, love the fact that you are caught up on your laundry. I will working at that today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laundry, the never ending chore! And so sorry about your stomache bug. Yuck! I am so tired of being sick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't even know when Easter is this year and you already have the girls' dresses, good for you!! so glad Ellie (Elisabeth) is doing great with spelling her given name and advancing in her learning; wonderful news!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...