Friday, February 5, 2010

And these little piggies....

I got a disturbing phone call from my mom this morning. First, she wanted to tell me that she got a flyer in the mail from someone who will plow her driveway for $25. That's great considering my mom and dad both have back problems and they're in their 60's and 70's. I don't want them out there shoveling snow, so I'm happy that someone is willing to do the job for what I believe is a fair price. Then, she got into the latest family news. My uncle "closed his eyes" for a second and drove into a telephone pole. The end result is $14,000 worth of damage to his car. From what I recall, he's not seriously injured. I believe the accident happened either yesterday or the day before. Those details are fuzzy because of the news that followed. My Aunt Florence has to have the remaining two toes on her one foot removed. Ugh! She's a diabetic and nearly nine years ago she got a blister that wouldn't go away after wearing my dead grandmother's shoes. One thing lead to another with my aunt, and the blister turned into a very serious bone infection. She has had many surgeries and three toe amputations over the course of Madeline's life. My aunt is now procrastinating on having this surgery done. (The doctor wanted her in the hospital ASAP several days ago, but she told him she wants to think about it for two weeks.) If you have a few prayers you can spare for my aunt, I'd appreciate it. The toes have to go, but the longer she waits the more she risks losing more, if not all of her foot.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for both your aunt and uncle.
    I agree that is a great price for plowing and peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sad. My grandmother lost a foot from diabetes when I was in high school. My heart goes out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...