Thursday, February 25, 2010

Small Successes-First Week of Lent

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

1. I'm on top of the laundry! Yay! Of course, now that it's snowing [again], I'm sure there's a good chance I'm going to get buried in laundry once more.

2. My decluttering Lent project is moving along nicely. I haven't actually bagged up most of what I'm giving away for the 40 bags in 40 days challenge, but I'm certain that I'm on track to successfully get rid of at least 40 bags of superfluous stuff.

3. I have fed my children nice well balanced meals every night this week. Two vegetables have made their way on to their plates just about every night since Ash Wednesday. Funny how me not eating candy [for Lent] has focused me on providing better dinners for my kids. The kids are loving it. Poor Bryan isn't exactly amused that I'm serving up chicken almost every night since he gave up meat for Lent. I need to add a few meat free dinners to the rotation.

Bonus: I got my girls hooked on the Holy Heroes Lenten Adventure. I wasn't sure Madeline would go for it, but she did. She's asking me every day if a new video has been emailed to me. Ellie is loving the coloring pages. Now I'm wishing I had done the Advent Adventure with her last year. The girls are praying a decade of the rosary with me every day and they're actually asking to do it.

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME Karen! This post made me smile - it was full of good stuff. Thanks for inspiring me!

    Also - I would love to get flowers from you! You are TOO good to me. If anything, I could save them for next Lent with the baby and NO time. I love your cross idea. Can you see my e-mail when I post, or do I need to find a way to get it to you?

    Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ViolinMama-email me at KarenGOP[at]aol[dot]com and I'll set you up with a bunch of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all great accomplishments and successes; hoping you can keep on top of the laundry; good for everyone eating healthy too :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...