Thursday, April 29, 2010

Small Successes-April 29th

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

This week hasn't felt very productive to me, so I'll see what I can claim as a success.

1. I went grocery shopping on Tuesday.  I'm really not a fan of grocery shopping, but I managed to do it and I brought enough food that we still have lots left over.  Since I did most of my shopping at BJ's warehouse club, I now have over a gallon of barbecue sauce.  I guess we'll have to have lots of ribs, pulled pork and bbq chicken this summer.  And so you all don't think I'm crazy, I brought three different varieties of barbecue sauce--like that makes the quantity any better.

2. I went to the library and located the book Madeline wanted to read (Ella Enchanted) and a book I've been wanting to read.  So not only did I get the books we wanted, but I didn't have to buy them!  Bookstores are my library of choice since I get to read a new book and I don't have to return it.  The downside to that, of course, is I have to pay for my pricey habit.  I think I could learn to like the public library.  I don't have to buy the books and I don't have to store them when I'm done reading.  I guess I can live with that arrangement.

3. Madeline is once again on the honor roll at her school. Yay!  And, Ellie is doing really well with learning to read.  She's picked up on a few high frequency words on her own.  I'm impressed!

3 comments:

  1. Great list! We sometimes shop at Sam's Club and I find myself bringing home what I believe is a lifetime supply of something - Then a month later I'm wondering where it all went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great List! Congrats to Madeline for making the honor roll!!
    I also need to be better about making use of local library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Madeline! What a wonderful achievement. I love when the library has a new book I want to read. It's so easy to go to the bookstore and spend way too much. They are dangerous places for me. Have fun with the BBQ sauce! I love grillin season!
    Love the blog. Can't wait to come and visit again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...