Thursday, September 30, 2010

Small Successes-September 30th


FaithButton


Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

Is today really the last day of September?  I'm shocked at how fast time seems to be flying these days.  I've been preoccupied with the unnecessary drama that has filled my days over the past week and am not feeling overly successful.  Last Thursday night it became evident that not everyone appreciates the time I spend preparing and planning in order to teach their child's religious education class.  Hearing people loudly complain about me when I have poured so much of myself into this volunteer position is difficult.  As if that drama isn't enough, we're once again dealing with soccer drama surrounding Madeline's team.  The coach along with my husband and another team dad who assist with coaching this team (also volunteer) are feeling frustrated, but on the bright side, the parents of the kids on the team appreciate their efforts.  Clearly this past week has not been volunteer appreciation week!

1. Laundry is done.  Not only did I get everything washed, I also folded, ironed and put it all away with the exception of three items that came out of the wash after I put the iron and ironing board away.

2. I remembered to bake cupcakes for Ellie's back to school night yesterday, and I even remembered to bring the cupcakes to the school.

3. I wrote a post about Madeline's soccer experience that touched her coach. (I appreciated a volunteer!)  The link to the post along with an email praising his efforts and the difference he has made for several girls was sent to some of the board members of our soccer club.  I'm hoping that my words will help smooth ruffled feathers.

2 comments:

  1. OH drama. It is sad when volunteers, especially those in the Catholic church, are not appreciated as they should be. People do not know the work that goes into doing something like that. God bless you!

    And YAY for laundry being done. I am always amazed how quickly those hampers fill back up though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Wow! You even ironed? I'm impressed...that is the one thing about laundry that I try to avoid at all costs :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...