Thursday, January 7, 2010

Small Successes-Back to normal

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

At long last, the girls and Bryan are back to their regular schedules of school and work, and for this I am incredibly thankful. I'm not hopeful that life can go back to normal. Never underestimate the amount of calm that 5 hours of alone time a week can bring you.

1. I had to start over and plan another holiday party for Madeline's class after the original one got snowed out. I'm very happy to report that I had everything accounted for by yesterday. I'm still a little shocked that the teacher decided to proceed with the party and only gave me four days to arrange everything.

2. I have managed to spend more time playing with the girls instead of cleaning. They each got several board games for Christmas and they've been happily playing with them every day. I commented to Bryan last night that I was shocked that the girls weren't playing with any of the Wii or DS games they got, nor did they seem all that interested in the American Girl dolls that they had to have. Clearly, my kids would be happy with a few inexpensive toys for Christmas. I suspect we will scale back even more for next Christmas.

3. I'm on top of the laundry. Here's hoping I can keep it up.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome list, and I feel the same for #2. It's been the simple things Lovely has played with the most. It felt good to get rid of past stuff, simplify, and we definitely want to scale back next year!

    Great list...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3 = Me too (hopefully) by the end of today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive list! It's amazing how wonderful it can feel to sit down and go back to your childhood with a board game. Keep enjoying time with the girls....

    ReplyDelete
  4. #3 is a never-ending battle and thus a huge success when it is temporarily conquered! #2 is a good lesson for all of us :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loose the laundry battle on a daily basis... but congrats to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...