Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Amusement

I've been having a bad couple of days. I'm pretty sure having a grungy stuffed animal in my home for 19 days along with two children, a dog and a husband (Bryan has gone into the office 4 days in the past 19. Lord, have mercy!) has placed me firmly on edge. I need time alone so I can decompress from being in constant demand. Tomorrow the girls go to school and Bryan goes back to his normal office schedule and I will get 2 1/2 hours all to myself. I'm incredibly excited. I plan to spend that time with no human interaction.

Anyway, I sat down to see if any of the blogs I follow have posted anything new. I noticed that on Orthometer there was a Seinfeld reference that made me laugh and left me thinking of how Jerry would say "Neumann" when he discovered that his foe had done something to foil him. Then I noticed that Sister Mary Martha had a new post. I love her blog because it both amuses me and is informative. I burst out laughing when I saw her reference a song my dad used to sing about my mom, one that I'm sure would have landed my dad in the dog house for at least a week or two if she had heard him singing it. (And, knowing my dad, he probably got caught singing it at least a few times.) I always thought my dad and Uncle Ned had made the song up because their wives were on the plump side. Who would have guessed that "I don't want her, you can have her, she's too fat for me!" was a real song?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...