Wednesday, May 20, 2009

So now I'm old and endangered?

I'm having a fun week with finding little things that just make me feel like my world as I know it is upside down.  Shall we review the latest discoveries?
Well, on Sunday I learned at Mass that I'm not a young adult.  Hmm....at 31 I don't feel old, but apparently after age 25 you're too old to be a young adult.  Fine, I don't have to be a young adult.  I'll hang out in the limbo age range that is not middle aged and not young for a little while.  Maybe this is why some people have a mid-life crisis.  For the most part, I'm not someone who cares about age.  Bryan and I are younger than most of our neighbors by about 10 years and their kids are close in age to ours.
Then, last night we were at BJs picking up old people stuff like laundry detergent and toilet paper.  Exciting, huh?  So I'm standing in the self check out lane and I see a disturbing magazine cover on the latest Time.  I didn't buy the magazine (because I'm cheap) to read the article, but apparently the GOP is being labeled by Time as an endangered species.  Lovely.  Given that I've identified myself as a Republican since I was a child, headlines like that disturb me.  My mom voted for Jim Florio when I was in 6th grade (if I remember correctly) and I didn't talk to her for several days because I was so angry that she would had the nerve to vote Democrat.  Might just as well tell me that sugar is going to be pulled from the market, too.  
So there you have it.  At 31, I'm no longer young and the political party that I identify myself with is said to be endangered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...