Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I really do have awesome neighbors!

Yesterday was my birthday.  I started to think that the universe was working against me late in the morning when I couldn't find my birthday pie.  I went to two Shop Rites, one Acme and the dreaded Super Wal-Mart (I seriously dislike setting foot in Wal-Mart).  I called Bryan after I went into two grocery stores and asked him to check on line to see if Mrs. Smith's still sells my beloved lemon meringue pie.  A minute later he confirmed that it still existed (although my visit to the Mrs. Smith's website a minute ago leads me to believe it is a product that has been phased out).  After that phone call I went to Wal-Mart and one more Shop Rite in vain.  I called my mom and told her about how my birthday took a sour turn because I can't locate my birthday pie.  She checked her local Shop Rite and came out empty handed.  

Shortly after resigning myself to the fact that I wasn't getting my pie, my phone rang.  Kelly, my neighbor, was calling me to let me know how her daughter made out at the ophthalmologist that Madeline sees.  I mentioned how the universe was working against me on my birthday and told her all my pie woes.  Kelly offered to run into the Acme that is near the place where I get Madeline's glasses since they were headed there.  I honestly didn't think she'd have any luck.  About 90 minutes later she calls me and wants to know who my favorite neighbor is.  I went from bummed out to over the moon happy in seconds.  So I let Kelly know that she was my favorite neighbor, of course.  Turns out she and Mary decided to make finding my pie their mission for the afternoon.  They went well out of their way to Path-Mart and found my pie.  How incredibly nice of them was that?  I feel so fortunate to have such wonderful neighbors.


That pie made my birthday a very happy one.  It's nice to know you have friends out there who are willing to go above and beyond to find you a pie.  If everyone had neighbors half as nice as the ones I have, the world would be a better place.

So thanks, Kelly!  It may have seemed crazy that I needed a particular brand of lemon meringue pie when other brands and even bakery fresh ones were all around me, but you cared enough to find my pie and that means a lot to me.

1 comment:

  1. Birthday pie?!?! I hope you have enough to share with everyone!

    Happy belated birhtday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...