Monday, May 25, 2009

I'm bringing my A game!

Watch out June 9th!  I'm coming for you, and I'm going to be armed with a box of Funfetti cupcakes with seasonally neutral cupcake liners and sprinkles!  I am very much aware that I am bringing cupcakes to Ellie's graduation.  All I need to do now I buy eggs that won't expire before June 9th and I'm totally set.

This weekend my mission was to make sure that I purchased cake mix, icing (although I just discovered that I had some in the pantry) and cupcake liners that didn't have pumpkins on them.  I'm not going to repeat the cupcake liner hodge podge of last month.  I felt rather foolish last month when I went to make muffins for Madeline's "Bunny Breakfast" at school and discovered that I didn't have enough Easter themed liners.  I brought the muffins in with Dora, Spongebob, Bunny and Halloween liners.  I felt like a total scatterbrain when I realized that I didn't have appropriate liners.  I was able to organize the entire breakfast for Madeline's class but I couldn't remember to buy a pack of Easter cupcake liners.

Tomorrow I'm going to head to the grocery store and pick up eggs.  I want to make sure that I have everything I need for June 8th when I go to make those cupcakes.  Now I just have to pray that I will not forget the cupcakes at home the morning of her graduation.  I have reminders on my calendar so I hope I won't forget.

I've been considering taking on a little bit more on the school volunteering front.  I'm contemplating whether or not I'm going to join the board at Ellie's school.  They need new board members and tomorrow night is the next meeting.  I was approached about joining the board when Madeline was in pre-K at this school but I was too busy adjusting to live with two kids.  I've been slowly volunteering to help out with more school stuff.  This year I started helping out in Madeline's class for parties instead of just sending in things.  Madeline has been very happy with my involvement.  So far, for Ellie, I have stuck with sending things in for class parties and snacks.  I've also volunteered to teach a CCD class at our church, but I didn't get a response from the Religious Ed office.  I'm going to email them again this week.  I'm thinking my volunteer offer may have gotten ignored because I said I'd have Ellie tagging along with me, or my email just got lost in the shuffle.  I'm going to email them again with my offer this week and let them know that Ellie will be occupied with my laptop and headphones so she can watch a movie or play a game while I'd be teaching.  I used to be a substitute teacher when I was in college and I miss teaching kids, so this is something I'd really like to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...