Thursday, December 1, 2011

Small Successes-December 1st


FaithButton

Celebrating the little things in life that add up...

1. We managed to get the house in order for Katie's baptism.  That's really no small feat, but with Bryan, the girls and I all pitching in we got it done.

2. I was asked to take on another volunteer position that I know I could have done and would like to have done, and I said no.  I decided that while I knew I could do this job that it wasn't what was best for the two children it would impact one night a week.  I have a hard time saying no when asked to fill a need which usually leads to me spreading myself too thin.  It took a lot for me to say I wouldn't be able to do it, but I think it was the right decision.  If it wasn't I'm confident that the opportunity will come knocking again.  That's always the case for me with these sorts of things.

3. I had a huge mountain of laundry on Tuesday and I managed to power through it.  I completed 7 out of 8 loads of wash in one day.  We will not be discussing the new mountain of laundry that is currently forming.  I'm only one person and I do have limitations.

4. I ordered my Christmas cards on Monday.

5. Last Friday I finally got around to mailing out the birth announcements that sat on my dining room table for nearly two weeks.

6. I partially decorated the house for Christmas.  I made sure that most of our Advent stuff was put out.  The rest of the decorations will be pulled out over the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...