Thursday, May 13, 2010

Small Successes-May 13th

FaithButton

Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

1. As of tonight, religious education classes will be done for the school year.  I said goodbye to my kindergarten class on Sunday.  My last project with them was a failed disaster--foam stickers do not stick to damp terracotta pots.  I managed to get a hug goodbye from all but two of my students.  I'm going to miss them.  I'll say goodbye to my 7th graders tonight.

2. I turned 32 this past Tuesday and I celebrated by learning how to bake a cookie cake.  My decorating job of the cookie cake looks like something a five year old could have done with relative ease.  The kids thought it was cute.  It simply reinforced for me the need to take a cake decorating class.

3. Our garden is finally producing food.  Bryan picked me a few red strawberries on my birthday and they're delicious.  The blueberry bushes are close to having edible fruit, too.  And, I have lots of new life sprouting in my germination station.  It's about time!  Now I just need to get outside and weed one of my gardens so I can get some of my plants in the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...