Thursday, March 11, 2010

Small Successes-Third Week of Lent

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

1. Because I have that delusional  hospitality gene that makes me think visitors to my home are going to inspect for dirt, the main level of my house is incredibly clean right now.  Ellie had her friend over for a play date on Tuesday and that translated into me cleaning like a crazy lady.  I am enjoying the nice clean result.

2. I hauled a lot of stuff off to Good Will on Monday.  I'm so happy that my living room floor is no longer harboring a pile of cast off clothing that I was too lazy to take to Good Will in the previous two weeks.  I'm going to start rummaging through our stuff for more things to give away.

3. I successfully won the lose threads in the toe of the shoe battle with Madeline's New Balance sneakers. I've never seen anything like it.  I spent the past 20 minutes pulling and cutting 26 inches of loose cord like thread out of the toes of her shoes.  I fought very hard with those shoes.  I am very happy that I got those shoes on clearance for $21.99 last month.  I would have been out for blood if I had paid the original price of $54.99 and had to deal with that problem.  I think New Balance will be getting a strongly worded email from me on the importance of quality control.  I've never had this problem with Nike or Skechers.

Bonus: I stalked approached the mother of one of Ellie's classmates yesterday who has two little girls and asked if she'd take my small mountain of little girl shoes for her daughters.  She immediately said yes, so next Wednesday I'll be bombarding  and overwhelming giving her the bags of shoes.  Who knows, maybe I'll have a new victim recipient for our hand me down clothes.

2 comments:

  1. hehe! LOVE your list....your humor is great!!!

    Have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I'm thinking you cleaned the house for Ellie's playmate?? too cute (but I'm sure it was for when the mom came to pick her up) glad you found someone who could use your hand me downs, always good to help out others :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...