Thursday, March 18, 2010

Small Successes-Fourth Week in Lent

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up. 
(Considering my "bonus" accomplishment, this line could be seen as ironically punny, but I digress.)

1. I got rid of more stuff for the 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge.  I gave two shopping bags of Ellie's outgrown shoes to her classmate's little sisters. How on earth did a kid with only two feet amass so many shoes?  (Some of them were Madeline's.)  I also packed up a lot of our paper recyclables which I like to hang on to like they're treasures for some unknown reason and showed them the door.  I'm very close to hitting the 40 bag mark at this point.

2. I made Irish Potatoes earlier this week and managed to survive not eating any of them, not even the dough as I mixed them.  That ordeal was incredibly painful.  Everyone I have given the tasty confections to have enjoyed eating them in front of me.  Ugh.

3. I survived my husband's business trip last week, and his subsequent woe is me  illness (strep throat).  Can I just state for the record that I need a vacation? I'm feeling a little overworked and under appreciated these days. Sigh.

Bonus: Thanks to the nice warm weather we've had the past few days, I got to go out in the back yard yesterday while Bryan languished inside and clean up all of Oscar's "presents." Yessss! (Said in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice) This was prompted by the realization last Friday that a certain person hadn't been doing this job, after my dad tracked dog poo all over my kitchen floor and family room carpet.  Talk about an appetizing pre-dinner activity.  It's been a long week and I'm feeling a touch cranky.

3 comments:

  1. Great list, and I hear you on feeling those "invisible" feelings. It's been a week like that for me too.

    We appreciate you, and your successes are fantastic!

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, congrats on nearly hitting the 40 bag mark. I have a long way to go, but now that everyone is healthy again I'm digging back in.

    Isn't this weather such a welcome relief?!?
    Hugs from a fellow mom who really appreciates all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so with you on the shoes...I don't know if I've personally bought more than 5 pairs of shoes for my girls in their lives...but at 5 and 3 they both are verging on a ridiculous number of shoes...particularly the 3 year old. She has all the shoes that big sis wore, plus grandma keeps buying her shoes whenever she buys shoes for big sis (because she wouldn't want the little one to be left out...) so, they have about 20 pairs of shoes that fit them in their closet right now...one of their favorite games to play at the moment is "shoe store"...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...