Thursday, October 15, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

This week has been one that has kept me on my toes. Bryan had a business trip in Las Vegas this week and true to form something big happened. For some reason life always throws a challenge my way when Bryan isn't around to keep me from freaking out. This time our crisis was the heater stopped working. Last time the garage door broke. It never ceases to amaze me that everything falls apart when Bryan is gone.

1. I finally got around to ordering some Catholic coloring books for my kidergarten religious ed class. I've been having some difficulty finding coloring pages I liked for the class, and there's also the issue I've been having with the religious ed department not always copying the proper worksheets for me. Now I can get a bunch of coloring pages run off (the religious ed department will get those right) to keep some of my more exuberant coloring students occupied while they're waiting for the rest of the class to arrive. I'm really happy with the coloring books I selected. I just wish I hadn't procrastinated for so long. I could have used these last month.

2. On Saturday, Bryan and I took the girls to the beach in Ocean City, NJ and got lots of nice pictures of them that I can use for my Christmas cards. I had wanted to go to my hometown and take pictures there, but they're currently dredging sand onto the beach to build up the dunes and it's not a pretty sight. By stopping at Ocean City, we saved ourselves 30 minutes of driving (each way) and discovered that other beaches in Cape May County are nice, too.





3. On Monday, I took the girls to the dentist and the Cape May County Zoo on Monday. I was totally exhausted after a day of driving, worrying about my husband while he traveled, and exploring the zoo with six lively children and my best friend.

Bonus 1: I managed to get Ellie the flu shot that she's required to have by NJ law to attend pre-K. That was an adventure all by itself!

Bonus 2: On Sunday, I rearranged Madeline's closet and dresser configuration to maximize space for her clothing. And, I swapped out all of the babyish books on Madeline's bookshelf and replaced them with her chapter books.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your fantastic successes!
    You are so organized. :) I need to work on kids closets and clothes as well.

    Thank you for sharing your successes.
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week of successes! Sounds like you've been super busy! I'm inspired by all the things you've accomplished - share some of that energy with me...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...