Friday, October 2, 2009

Need some candles?

I was frittering away a little time on Facebook this afternoon and I noticed that a friend of mine from high school has posted about a pretty good deal at Yankee Candle. Curiosity got the better of me when someone made a comment about Christmas shopping, and I decided to take a peek at the Yankee Candle website.

I wound up buying 10 large jar candles. The candles are usually $24.99 and at buy one get one free, I couldn't resist the chance to get some decent gifts for the many people on my Christmas shopping list. Since I usually buy my candles from White Barn Candle Company, I had to trek over to the Yankee Candle shop that is a short drive from my house when there isn't any traffic. Somehow I didn't think I'd sit in traffic at 6pm on a Friday night. Apparently the years of being a stay at home mom who doesn't sit in any kind of going home traffic has warped my outlook on traffic patterns.

Ellie and I went to the Yankee Candle store so we could sniff the candles. I went there simply to figure out which scents smelled good so I could go home and place an order on line. Thanks to my handy iPhone, I was able to snap a picture of each scent that I found particularly nice smelling.

Once I got home I got to work figuring out which scents to buy for which people and myself, of course. At the moment I have 3, possibly 4 candles earmarked for me. I think Bryan and the girls will each be giving me a candle for Christmas.

If you are interested in grabbing some yummy smelling candles for yourself or to give as gifts, click here to get the coupon. It can be used in store or online and it's valid until this Sunday 10/04/09. I wasn't sure if they'd give me unlimited free candles at the store, plus I knew I couldn't carry 10 candles out to my car and wrangle Ellie at the same time, so I just ordered online. I look forward to having my shipment of Christmas gifts delivered sometime soon. Best of all, I was able to slash the amount I'm spending on some people in half thanks to this sale. I love being a bargain hunter.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...