Thursday, February 13, 2014
Small Successes: February 13th
Celebrating the little things in life that add up...
1. I took a bit of time the other day and cleaned out a small portion of my walk in closet. I was able to throw some things away and I have an 18 gallon tote filled with items to donate.
2. Yesterday I scored the last rotisseri chicken at Sam's Club. Ordinarily I will go down the main aisle and scope out the chickens to see if I need to go there first or if I have time to grab the juices first. Yesterday I didn't do that. I was hoping to get two chickens, but I was very grateful to just get the one. I might have turned into a crying pregnant lady if I didn't manage to get to the chicken before the other people who were crowding in on it. Apparently impending snow storms make already cooked chikens a hot item.
3. I got some laundry done yesterday. I've been putting it off for days since I didn't want go into the cold basement laundry room.
4. We got to Mass really late on Saturday and discovered that getting there three minutes before Mass begins means you can't find a spot for a family of five to sit. So we had to go up to the dreaded crying room. I think Katie was the only toddler up there and I was surprised that it wasn't a circus up there like it was in our old parish. Of course, I still wasn't thrilled about going up there.
5. I took an hour off last night and went to confession and Mass by myself. It was a much needed break.