Friday, February 28, 2014

Quick Takes: A Blur of a Week


~1~
This week feels like it flew by, even though most of the days felt pretty long.
~2~
The baby is moving around a lot these days.  I think he must be starting to feel a bit cramped in there based on some of the movements.  Let me just say that it's really uncomfortable to have someone playing with the inside of your hip for a good portion of the day.
~3~
Can you believe that Lent is less than a week away?  I haven't the slightest idea what I'm going to give up or take on for Lent.  Last year we gave up all eating out and I took on going to daily Mass 2-3 times a week.  I've thought about giving up FaceBook like I did when I was pregnant with Katie but I'm not sure if I'll do that or not.  And as far as taking something on, I have no idea what to do.
~4~
I'm beginning to think there's no way I'm going to be able to handle a double stroller.  They're all so heavy (even the lightweight ones) and bulky.  I'm really interested in the Joovy Caboose Ultralight but none of the baby stores around here sell them.  It seems like it's something that I'd have to order online. I prefer to test drive strollers before I buy them so I'm not sure what to do.
~5~

After washing and setting up the nursery bedding, I decided to wash some of the blankets I bought for the baby.  I'm really looking forward to using these muslin swaddling blankets.  They seem like they'll be great nursing cover ups as well as nice lightweight blankets for the summer months.  I don't know how I never heard of these blankets when I was pregnant with Katie.

~6~
Madeline and Ellie went over to their friends' house this afternoon.  So Bryan, Katie and I went out to dinner while they were gone.  The girls had such a good time with their friends that they didn't seem too upset that we went out to eat without them.
~7~
I decided to go ahead and buy Easter candy while I was at the store today.  I have a note on my weekly planner to buy the candy two weeks before Easter, but I figured I'd be helping myself out by buying it now instead of waiting until I'm 35 weeks pregnant.  Of course, there's always the possibility that I will eat all of this candy before Easer rolls around.  If I open those bags I know that I'll be down to one bag of candy pretty quickly since I like everything that I picked up except for one bag of candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...