Friday, November 9, 2012

5 Minute Friday: Quiet



I have lots of days where I just feel like I don't have enough time to blog so when I saw this little 5 Minute Friday thing, I thought I'd give it a shot. Here are the rule:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
OK, are you ready? Please give us your best five minutes on:

Quiet:

Oh quiet, why do you elude me?   Quiet is such a rare commodity in our home.  And, when there is quiet it invariably means that someone is up to something, unless, of course, it is nap time.  Isn't that always the way it is with a toddler?  Right now I'm getting to listen to the unquiet that is a toddler ripping through my CCD teaching bag.  Ugh!

When it's the good quiet, the baby is sleeping and the big kids aren't home quiet, I find that I can get the most accomplished, that is until the quiet is punctuated by the ringing phone, the barking dog, or the door bell ringing.  As much as I crave quiet, I know it is better that in this season of my life that I hear the sounds of little ones and not so little ones clamoring through the house.  One day I'll have lots of unpunctuated quiet and then I'm sure I'll crave the unquiet that I have now.

So I'll enjoy the bits of quiet that I get now, but will do my best to relish those that are anything but.

STOP

See more 5 Minute Friday posts over at Lisa Jo's.

4 comments:

  1. So, so true!! Little people, they come with a joy in their noise! And with a 16 and almost 19 year old there are days when I miss those belly giggles, the baby talk, the nattering and even the tears of a long day! Enjoy those quiet moments when you get them...but the noise - let it imprint into your brain - it will give you such beautiful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I so identify with quiet signifying someone being up to no good somewhere! I pray you find a few pockets of quiet today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked what you wrote. It is articulate and true!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...