1. In a cleaning tirade over the weekend [Look out world, I'm armed with a Dyson and I'm cleaning everything in sight!] I vacuumed all the dust off of the curtains in the family room and the valances in the kitchen and powder room. I also vacuumed all the outtake vents, and any area where pesky cobwebs had appeared. [Yes, I actually had cobwebs in my house.]
2. At one point this week I had all of the laundry under control. Sticking around the house all day waiting for an exterminator to show up is helpful when it comes to getting the laundry done.
3. I realized at the last minute that I didn't have everything the girls needed for Easter. A few years ago I would have totally judged people like me for not having everything they needed a full month prior to Easter. Anyway, I picked up white shoes for Katie [biggest foot ever at just 5 1/2 months] since she wouldn't fit in the white shoes Madeline wore at 6 months. Then I realized that it would be helpful if she had a sweater. I'm still not sure which dress she is wearing to Mass on Saturday. I have Madeline and Ellie's old Easter dresses and she will wear them both this weekend. I found sweaters at Children's Place and Carters. Madeline's math teacher made some beautiful flower hair accessories for Madeline and Katie. I thought Ellie was set with the matching hair things from the dress she's wearing the used to be Madeline's but she was upset to discover that there wasn't anything for her, so today I will have to visit the craft store so I can make her a flower clip. After that I have to dig around in the hand me down bins and find the white shrugs that go with the dress Ellie will wear. Almost ready.
4. Madeline got accepted at the parish school for next year. I got a phone call yesterday telling me that there is a potential opening for Ellie, too. She will now have to spend two days over at the school at the end of the month.
5. I visited Ellie's class on Tuesday to help out with their Easter party. I was put in charge of the egg dying station. I had my misgivings about being around 23 six and seven year olds and dye, but it all worked out. Some of the kids got a little messy, but I didn't. I even managed to keep the two little girls who were wearing white from getting their clothes stained.