Friday, April 13, 2012

Quick Takes Volume 32


~1~
I'm a woman on a mission this week.  I've been cleaning the house and trying to purge unnecessary items for a full week now.  So far I'm happy with the progress I've made, but I know I have a long road ahead of me.  I so badly want our house to be free of excess stuff.
~2~
I organized all the supplemental handwriting and math worksheets that I have accumulated over the years into a binder.  It took me several hours to get it all done, but the end result made it worth the effort.
I'm working on organizing the vast collection of children's books we have.  I'm amazed at how many books we've acquired over the past ten and a half years.  I could seriously not buy one book for Ellie or Katie and they would not suffer for lack of reading material.  Of course, I can't just buy books for Madeline, so I'm certain our collection will continue to swell.
~3~
My husband's friend and co-worker was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma earlier this week.  He's close in age to us and has two young children.  If you could offer up prayers for his healing, I'm sure they would make a difference.  Right now it looks like he has a long road ahead him.  I decided the other day that the girls and I will be praying a decade of the rosary a day for him and his family.
~4~

Katie can sit up on her own now and I'm loving every minute of it.  She even figured out how to use her arms to balance herself when she start to wobble.  I think she's liking the new people skill she acquired.  All this week she has been wanting to go to bed earlier.  I guess sitting up on your own can take a lot out of you.
~5~
I'm thoroughly enjoying the return of cheese.  I've eaten several pizzas, a cheese steak, pasta with bad cheese, and several other cheese food items, including a delicious chocolate cheese cake.  I don't know how I survived an entire Lent without it.
~6~
Bryan is home from his business trip.  It's amazing how quickly life goes back to normal once he's home.  While he was away I busied myself with cleaning up until around 11PM each night instead of sitting down and watching TV with him for a few hours like I normally do. [My running around cleaning like a frantic crazy lady bothers him since he wants me to relax.]  
~7~
The girls are singing at the noon Mass this Sunday.  I'm looking forward to seeing them all dressed up in their Easter dresses again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...