Friday, March 2, 2012

Quick Takes Volume 29


~1~
I'm working very hard at being organized at the moment.  Organization has become a major focus of mine over the past week or so.  That's not to say that I wasn't organized, before.  I've always been pretty well organized, but lately I've come to realize that I need even more organization in various areas of my life if I'm going to continue to juggle everything that needs to be done.
~2~
Meal planning for dinner is getting easier.  It's hard to believe it's been two months since we started this eating at home initiative.  So far things are going well.  The girls are coming to grips with the reality that copious amounts of take out and dining out simply aren't going to happen anymore.  Madeline has accepted that she is expected to eat the food we make for dinner.  Ellie, on the other hand, is having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that I am no longer making special dinners for her when we're serving something she doesn't like.  I'm all about streamlining things these days and making multiple dinners takes time I don't have.
~3~
Planning ahead is taking the last minute stress off of me with regards to holidays.  I have been systematically checking off the items on my list of things I need to buy for Easter.  At this point I have most of the candy and Easter goodies that we'll need.  Best of all, I'm ahead of the deadline I set for starting to get these items.
~4~
Now that it's March I'm getting a bit more serious about planning for this year's VBS program.  I spent part of this morning and afternoon sending out emails to last year's volunteers.  I would have loved to just send out one mass email, but I learned from last year that people don't respond to mass emails. I seem to have better luck with personally reaching out to people, so I have decided to take that route.  Thus far, things look like they're coming together well.  This past Sunday I met with my friend who is heading up the program's arts and crafts and we purchased a good bit of what we need.  I'll be ordering the rest of the non-food items that we need this weekend.  I'm thrilled at how well things are coming together.
~5~
It looks like Madeline will be going to our parish school next year.  We got a letter in the mail the other day regarding our registration.  To complete admission she needs to spend two days at the school later this month.  Ellie, on the other hand, is first on the waiting list for second grade.  All the current 1st graders are coming back at the moment.  I'm hopeful that a spot will open up for her.  I'd very much like to have both girls in the same school.  Life will be a bit easier if both girls are on the same school schedule.  Not to mention, we would also get a bus.  The thought of possibly not having the baby's nap time interrupted for after school pick up makes me very excited.  
~6~
The spring soccer season begins for Madeline tomorrow afternoon.  I'm already ready for it to be over.  We're not happy with her current coach and are looking forward to getting these next eight games out of the way.
~7~

I think Katie is close to cutting a tooth.  I noticed yesterday that there's a spot on her bottom gums that is very swollen.  It looks like she's going to get a lateral incisor before she gets the central incisors.  I'm just praying when she gets this tooth she doesn't start chomping away on me.  She rarely takes a bottle, so I'm likely going to be her victim.  I still have bad memories of the few brutal bites I got from Ellie.  I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't petrified of baby teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...