Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Downton Geekery

On Sunday, Bryan and I took the girls to the Philadelphia Museum of Art.  The girls run hot and cold with regards to visiting the museum.  One day they love it there and then all of the sudden they don't like the museum and it's boring.  I love going there and I Bryan enjoys it, too.  He and I differ in what art we like, but typically we can find something we like in whatever wing it was that we didn't want to visit.

We wandered into a wing that was a bit more modern (modern being 1700-1800's) that I'm sort of iffy about.  I like the English manor rooms, but I'm more impressed with the wing on the opposite side of the museum.  As we wandered through the rooms, I saw a plaque that stated the picture above was of Lady Grantham.  What?!  So I did what any self-respecting Downton Abbey fan would do.  I grabbed out my phone and snapped a picture.  And now, I'm sharing it with you.  Sure, this Lady Grantham is from an earlier date in history, but you won't mind.


Not only did the girls enjoy this latest trip to the museum, [Katie was largely unimpressed but she just doesn't know any better.] but I also found a nod to a favorite show.  And I thought the hidden Mickey that I spotted on an altar screen was cool.  I had no idea what was waiting for me just across the way.
Hidden Mickey is dead center above the peak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...