Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Never Ending Pregnancy Update

I just got back from my appointment with the midwife a little bit ago.  Just as I had suspected, I haven't progressed any more.  So I'm still at 4cm.

The midwife let me know that if I haven't had the baby by next week's appointment that we would have to talk about doing an induction.  I'm hopeful that I will go into labor before my appointment on Wednesday.

Because I'm past my due date, I'll be heading to the hospital on Friday for a a non stress test and a amniotic fluid level check.  I did some searching on Google and I gather that the fluid levels will be checked via ultrasound.  If that's the case then I'm hopeful that I'll get to see the baby and possibly have the technician confirm that I am, in fact, having a girl.  I've been waiting over 20 weeks now to find out if the ultra sound I had in May is right.

I found out which midwives are on call for which days this week which makes me feel better.  It really doesn't matter who delivers the baby, but I like knowing who I should expect to see at the hospital.

Oh, I did find that at this point there are no more membranes to strip.  After having them stripped at the last three appointments there was nothing for her to strip this time around.

I keep referring to this baby as my 10lb baby since she won't come out, but the midwife feels confident that she can't be more than 7lbs 5oz right now.  That's how big Ellie was so we'll just have to wait and see.  I'm betting she'll be a little closer to 8lbs.


  1. Wow, not yet! I felt sure when I hadn't seen an update from you for a few days that it might mean baby decided to make her appearance. At least there is an end in sight if the midwife is talking induction next week!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...