Monday, June 14, 2010

What's life without a little mortification?

After a very long weekend which I will write about later, I decided to take a trip over to the parish offices to drop off the girls' religious ed registration for the upcoming school year.  Ellie likes going over there since she's buddies with two of the deacons and the deacon's wife who is the coordinator of our religious ed program.  She likes to draw them pictures and fill them in on her life.  They all fuss over her and love seeing her.  So today she happily gave the deacon and his wife her latest self portrait of herself.  They, of course, loved it and offered her a lollipop as usual.

It was shaping up to be a normal visit and then Ellie decided that it was a good time to announce that she had peed in her under pants.  I suspected it wasn't a full fledged accident since there was nothing running down her legs.  You would think after that loud announcement that either she had a big accident, or she would happily agree to use their bathroom that was offered to her.  I'm actually a bit shocked that she refused to use their bathroom especially since she then insisted on using the little potty in the back of my car as soon as we left the office.

I think it's safe to say that I have received my dose of mortification for the week.  I could have died when she loudly made the announcement in her "I want attention tone."  I think I'm going to hide in the house for the rest of the day.

On the ride home I had to explain to Ellie that announcements such as that need to be made quietly to me and not shouted for everyone to hear.  And best of all, this "accident" wasn't anything that I'd call an accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...