Friday, August 9, 2013

The Things They Say

Sometimes my girls come out with some things that are just off the wall or incredibly funny.  We can go days or weeks without one of these little gems and then out of nowhere we might get a two or three in rapid succession.

Last night before heading out to Madeline's soccer practice and a very long board meeting for the soccer club, Bryan was playing with Oscar.  He had the dog submit to him and Madeline made some comment asking why Oscar gets on his back and shows his belly.  Bryan explained that it was because he's the dog's master and Oscar was submitting to him.  I can't recall what exactly Madeline said to him after that, but she followed up with something along the lines of asking him if I get on my back and show him my belly to submit to him.  It was one of those moments where I swear time stood still.  Bryan asked why she was asking that and she made some comment about him being the "master of the house."  Umm..no, Madeline, your father doesn't ask me to submit to him the way the dog does.  Did you really ask that question?  Were you serious?   I don't chew on my hind quarters either in case you wanted to know.  So odd.  There is certainly a difference between a dog submitting to his master and a wife submitting to her husband.

After we left Mass this morning Madeline was talking about Shark Week.  Somehow Ellie started asking whether or not fish have teeth because she didn't understand how fish hooks worked.  So we're discussing that and it segued into a discussion of fish stinking.  That's when Ellie tells us that on the shark show she and Madeline watched the other day they were talking about ex-stinking some fish and she was wondering why.  She thought they were essentially trying to de-odorize certain types of fish and didn't realize that they were talking about them going extinct.  Madeline and I thought it was pretty funny.  Personally, I think it would be great if they could find a way to ex-stink marine life.  I'm not a fan of smelly fish.

So there you have it. Two oddly funny conversations in less than 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...