Thursday, August 22, 2013

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}

Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life...

{Pretty}
Katie is just oozing cuteness today. She likes to ham it up for the camera now, too.  She's wearing one of my favorite dresses from when Madeline was little.

{Happy}
My mom and dad came up for a visit yesterday and surprised the big girls with rainbow looms and a set of Little People blocks for Katie.  The look on Madeline's face when my mom pulled out the rainbow looms was priceless.  Apparently Madeline had just added that to her Amazon wish list for her upcoming birthday and she was shocked that my mom had one for her.  My mom didn't even know she wanted it!  Ellie has been happily making rubber band bracelets since yesterday afternoon.

{Funny}
Oscar is such an opportunist!  While Katie snacks, he's camped out hoping some of those yummy fudge brownie goldfish cracker will rain down on him.

Katie was having a good time when we went out to a local Chinese/Japanese restaurant after Mass on Saturday.  She had a good time playing with the chop sticks and showing off that she can use chopsticks almost as well as the big people.  I think Bryan and our new priest are both happy to have found someone who will go out for sushi.  That works for me if it means I get to eat fried wonton a bit more frequently.  This place has the second best fried wonton I've ever had.

{Real}
I spent a lot of time organizing my craft items over the past week.  I sent a lot of stuff to new homes and I was able to clear the area in front of the shelves where previously we couldn't exactly walk.  I know this still looks a bit messy but it's a vast improvement on how it looked a week ago.

Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more pictures of contentment and check out the pictures of Pippo's sweet newborn sister!



3 comments:

  1. I am right there with you on the wontons...MMmmm. I do not like the idea of Sushi, the texture of Sushi and I can't remember if I like the taste because I cannot get past the first two, lol!

    Suscipio4women
    3-2-1 Party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't even touch sushi. If it's any sort of seafood I'm not going near it. I honestly don't know how people eat uncooked fish.

      Delete
  2. I recently cleaned out my garage and was so happy. It still looks a bit of a mess, but a vast improvement, too!

    Also, I love having hand me downs. I still have some fabulous dresses my 18 year old wore that my now almost 3 year old is wearing. Talk about money well spent!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...