Friday, December 30, 2011

Do you have a patron Saint for 2012?

Over the past several years I've noticed that some bloggers pick a patron saint for the year.  When I first encountered this practice I thought it was a bit odd.  Sure I have my favorite saints, but I've never thought to adopt one for a year although for the number of times I call on St. Anthony to help me find the plethora of stuff that I misplace, I might as well just adopt him as my life long patron saint.  Anyway, as the years have progressed, I have warmed up to the idea of picking a saint for the year.  So today I decided to hop on  the bandwagon when I saw a link to a nifty Saint's Name Generator.

My saint for 2012 will be St. Philomena--that's fun to say!  Given that I have a philodendron that I call Phyllis I'm willing to bet that St. Philomena and I will get on just fine.

3 comments:

  1. She's one of my favorite Saints! I think I'll give the generator a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I LOVE St. Philomena! She's a great saint! I have a saint of my blog, but not of 2012. Great idea!

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog and love it.
    Our Patron Saint of 2012 is St. Elizabeth of Hungary.
    You have a award at my blog, check it out
    http://mountainofgrace-monique.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award-thank-you-sami.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...