Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Beautiful Baptism Day for Katie

Last Saturday Katie was baptized and we really couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day.  It was so warm on Saturday that the girls and I were quite comfortable standing outside for nearly an hour in short sleeved dresses.  It's not often you can say that at the end of November in New Jersey.  

Katie's baptism was delayed a little because there was a funeral that morning, so while we waited we decided to take some pictures over by the beautiful grotto that is in the church parking lot.

Here we are with our best friends, Katie's godparents.

I was so happy with how this picture turned out that I made it our Christmas card picture. 

Bryan and I with our beautiful Katie girl.
The baptism was simply beautiful.  Katie slept the entire time.  I don't know what it is about our girls, but they all slept at their baptisms.  I always go in expecting them to scream and wail and instead they are incredibly peaceful.  I think Ellie was the only one who was awake for part of her baptism.

We had the church to ourselves since it was a private baptism, so we have loads of pictures as a result. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the baptism:

Deacon Al claiming Katie for Christ.

The baptism.  I love how our friend captured the water falling back into the font in this picture.

Here she is newly baptized with a bright soul.  No more comments from Ellie that Katie's soul is dark!*


I'm so thrilled that Katie is now baptized.  I can't tell you how overwhelmed with joy I am on days like these.  

*Ellie loves having me read the Catholic Children's Treasure Box books to her.  In those books is a story about a guardian angel named Wupsy.  Ellie has learned from the Wupsy stories that the unbaptized have a dark soul, meaning that it doesn't have the light of Christ, not that she's evil.  Ellie has been commenting since Katie was a few days old that her soul was dark and that she needed to be baptized.  The way she would talk about it made me cringe and had me counting down the days until she would be baptized.  I'm quite relieved that Ellie will no longer be telling me her sister has a dark soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...