Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm Very Versatile

Thanks to Joy and Cass, I now have show tunes stuck in my head.  In particular, a little song that goes "Let me entertain you, let me make you smile, let me do a few tricks, some old and then some new tricks I'm very versatile."  Ah yes, toss out a word and chances are if it grabs me just right I'll be stuck singing a song that has that word in the lyric for days.  Thanks, ladies.  And thank you for tapping me for the most austere blogging award of (Drumroll, please.) The Versatile Blogger.  Yes, not only can I function as your standard run of the mill mom blogger, I can also function in many other ways.  Sarcastic, complaining, funny, crafty, bargain hunting, religious, bad photography, uninspired food and totally random thoughts that probably should have been published can all be found right here on my little piece of blogging real estate.  Oh, and don't forget the occasional self-deprecating posts, too. (Added only because I really have a thing for the word self-deprecating and no song to associate with it.  Sad, isn't it?).

The highly revered and coveted Versatile Blogger award is not without it's attached strings.  In order to claim and hold on to this distinction, I am obliged to follow the rules outlined below.

The rules for this blog award are:

1. Thank the blogger who gave it to you; (My eternal gratitude can be found in the first paragraph of this post for those of you who are sticklers for following the rules.)
2. List 7 things that people may not know about you;
3. Pass the love to 15 deserving bloggers (I'm going to bend the rules a little and pick a smaller number--I'm such a rebel!)
4. and let them know that you gave them an award.

7 Things You May Not Know About Me
1. Growing up my sandwich of choice was a pepperoni sandwich. For those of you interested in the recipe, that's a white bread sandwich with four slices of slicing pepperoni.

2. I have little to no tolerance for stupidity.  While watching an episode of the new series Chasing Mummies on History Channel, I was amazed by a statement made by a man on Zahi Hawass's team in reference to Dr. Hawass: "He can't have anything stupid around him." That statement along with the "No Stupiding" sign seen in the Pearls Before Swine comic strip sum up my feelings on stupidity.

3. My massive sweet tooth has merited me a cavity in almost every one of my molars.

4.  I prance, skip, dance and leap around the house. (My anti-stupidity referenced in number 2 clearly does not apply to me and I'm fine with it.)

5. I played the flute (well, I might add) for many years.  I am in the process of slowly relearning how to play after operating under the assumption that it was the flute and not me that was having technical difficulties for several years.

6. I sing.  When I was in school I frequently sang solos for school concerts and events.  I was active in my high school's chorus as well.  Sometime in the future I hope to sing in an organized group again.

7. I find the movie Up to be the most depressing movie I've ever seen.  I simply cannot make it through the movie without balling my eyes out.

I'm passing the award on to the following bloggers who amuse and inspire me:
The Cookie Jar
Catholic Christian Homeschooling
Rosetta Stone
A Rosy Outlook On Life
Growing With My Girls

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Karen. Sorry it took me so long to visit your blog. I have my fingers crossed that tomorrow - at long last - my replacement computer will arrive and I'll get back to reading blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...