Sunday, July 12, 2009

Cupcakes before 8am

I had an essentially sleepless night last night.  Between Bryan's snoring and several thoughts that kept racing through my mind, I didn't get more than 2 hours of sleep combined.  I suspect I will be crashing sometime this afternoon.

Tomorrow is Ellie's fourth birthday and I am once more in frantic party planning mode.  I was essentially totally unprepared for this party up until last Thursday when I started to get my act together.  I'm not sure if I was just forgetful or if I was really just procrastinating and hoping that my baby could stay three just a little while longer.  Age three is my favorite age, so I'm really sad to see it end.  If I could freeze Ellie at this stage of her life indefinitely I would.  I'm still shocked at how quickly four years have passed by.  I will do my best to savor the last day of Ellie at age three today.

Since I couldn't sleep, I got up a little before 6am this morning and started working on party stuff.  I just took the last batch of cupcakes out of the oven.  When I get back from Mass this morning I will begin to decorate the cupcakes.  I'm optimistic that my decorating will turn out well.  Let's hope the finished product meets my lofty expectations.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the cupcakes will look great!! the kids will definitely enjoy them; Happy Birthday to Ellie (on her birthday tomorrow) and I hope the party goes well :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...