Thursday, July 23, 2009

I don't like computer glitches!

I've had more than my fair share of things get eaten by the computer glitch gnomes.  I've lost entire college papers (good thing I usually wrote them on paper first), emails, message board replies, blog posts, and now, book reviews.  None of these disappearances ever make me happy.

I realized today that my totally awesome review of However Tall the Mountain that I wrote for the Amazon Vine program got sucked into the black hole of cyber space.  Unlike the reviews I write for The Catholic Company and Tiber River, I don't have a copy of the review saved anywhere else.  I've been reviewing products at Amazon since 2001 (writing product reviews on various sites has been a hobby of mine for years) and I've never had this happen.  I can't tell you how incredibly annoyed I was, still am.  My review read like a mini political science blurb and I was so proud of it.  Now, it's lost.  I wrote a new one, but it's nowhere near as cool as the original.

I've learned my lesson.  I need to save all the reviews I write until I can confirm that they went through.  I'm going to go mourn the loss of my really good review. 

1 comment:

  1. I hate those too! Where do things go when they are "lost"??? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...