Friday, July 1, 2011

Quick Takes Volume 11


~1~
I can hardly believe it's already July.  Are we really half way through the year already?  The dawning of July means I have less than ten days until vacation bible school starts.  I'm in the process of making sure I have everything in order.  Here's hoping it all goes smoothly.
~2~
The first ripened blackberry came off our blackberry bush earlier this week.  In what was probably the most ridiculous vein of thought ever, the girls and I shared a single blackberry.  Hopefully the next time we spy a ripened blackberry there will be at least three on the plant that are ready to be picked.
~3~
This week has been a busy one of home improvements and projects.  Thanks to a generous gift from my parents we got new carpet in Madeline and the baby's bedrooms.  I love how the rooms look now that the dingy 12 year old builders grade carpet from the previous owners is out of there. 
~4~
My painting and staining project for the new kitchen table and bench is complete.  The table and bench tops are now super glossy, and the legs and aprons are now white and match my old kitchen chairs.  The table and bench look so good that I'm convinced I will now have to sand down the seats of the old chairs and refinish them.  I can never just leave well enough alone, can I?  The table and bench are currently being aired out in the garage.  I want most of the polyurethane smell to vanish before I bring the table in. Plus, I also want to make sure the finish fully cures before we start torturing it with dishes and spills.  I think it goes without saying that I'm very excited about the way this project has turned out.
~5~
The baby is now moving around so much that it often looks like I have some alien being churning around in my stomach.  It's a bit unnerving to look down and see your belly moving all over the place.  I don't recall my older daughters moving around quite as much as this little one does.  As long as she doesn't start running her heel up and down my ribs like her big sister Madeline loved to do I'm ok with it.  That had to have been the worst sensation ever.
~6~
Slowly but surely I'm making my way through the pile of books and products that I have to review.  I read two books from the Imagination Station series the other night so I hope to be able to write a review for them sometime this weekend.  I'm hopeful that I can get the pile of books I still need to review down to a small handful by the end of the summer.
~7~
Can you believe I'm already far enough along in this pregnancy that I'll now be going to see the midwives every two weeks?  I for one am shocked.  I know I'm only a little more than 14 weeks away from my due date, but I'm shocked that I'm at the point where the time seems to fly.  When I went to my appointment yesterday I was delighted to find out that I won't have to fast for the glucose tolerance test that I will take at my next visit.  How awesome is that?  With the last two pregnancies I had to fast for 8-12 hours and it was torture.  I also found out that I can take Zantac or Pepcid AC for my heartburn.  Maybe now I'll be able to sleep a little better.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...