Thursday, October 21, 2010

Small Successes-October 21st

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

1. I managed to piece together two nice looking school picture outfits for the girls on Monday.  I thought I had the outfit situation all figured out and hadn't realized that the clothes I wanted the girls to wear were a tad too big on them.  So I had to drag them to Old Navy and Children's Place after school one day only to find that the stores don't have anything decent this year, or that they simply don't have what I like in their sizes.

2. Thanks to the wonders of email and very generous parents, I was able to coordinate the Halloween party for Madeline's classroom in four days.  I love being room mom for a class where the parents actually want to pitch in and help.  It makes the task of coordinating these events a breeze.

3. When the gallon of milk sprung a leak in the fridge last night I didn't freak out.  I simply dealt with the reality that I had a puddle of milk in the fridge and 80% of a gallon of milk that needed to find a new home ASAP.  This probably seems like an odd success, but I should mention that I seriously dislike touching or smelling milk especially if it's white. I managed to take care of the milk issue without gagging or freaking out and that's a success!

3 comments:

  1. Ah #1...clothes for pictures. The perennial problem that keeps moms around the US awake at night! ;-D

    #3 makes me laugh (no offense) because I would have just been super irritated at the mess, but like you, would have struggled not to freak out. Just for different reasons.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job this week! Especially with getting parents coordinated. The term "herding cats" is often used when describing that task, but it sounds like you've got a great group to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha! I love #3! A success indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...