Thursday, February 24, 2011

Small Successes-February 24th

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

So what HAVE I been doing this past week?  Seemingly, not much.  I do, however, have a perfectly valid reason for my total housekeeping fail.

1. I have managed to function like a normal person every morning by waking up on time, or before the alarm and getting the girls' breakfast ready.

2. After my nine year old freaked out on me that she had no pants to wear, I washed and folded a fair amount of laundry. To be totally truthful, my husband helped with the laundry process, too.  Some things I put in the washer and he took care of the dryer and unloading phase, and other loads I did the reverse.  It was a team effort, but it got done.

3. I have not freaked out about the multitude of things I have failed to do in the past week.  The kitchen counter tops look like they were hit by a bomb.  Ellie has not had any of her normal socks for several days with the exception of the one pair I managed to dig out of the clean laundry on Tuesday.  I've seen them in the piles of dirty laundry, but I'm not sure how they haven't managed to go for a ride in the washer and dryer.  I have only barely managed to put dinner on the table once in the past week, I think.  (Buying McDonald's last Thursday night counts, right?)  Bryan has been doing an excellent job at making sure the kids get fed at regular intervals.

Bonus: Yeah, I'll toss in a bonus to make up for my lackluster showing of "successes."  This past Saturday Madeline was not on the schedule to altar serve, but she decided to check and see if Father needed any additional altar servers for Mass.  It turns out she was the only altar server for the Mass.  She did everything and not only impressed Father, but she also got lots of compliments from people who were at the Mass.  I did my best to not be too nervous for her.  To be perfectly honest, I thought it would be many years before she was sitting next to the priest and holding the book.  Just to give you a visual, picture this: The shortest altar server (maybe 50 inches tall) with our tallest priest (6ft+).  If you had told me two months ago when she started altar serving that she'd be the only one up there and that she'd do a pretty good job, I never would have believed it.

Second Bonus: Because I started to feel really bad that I didn't accomplish much of anything this week.  I gathered up all the paper recycles and put them out at the curb.  Now when my parents visit in an hour or so my house won't look quite as bad as it did when they were here on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't sounds like a lackluster week to me! I swear that sometimes staying afloat is a success. Hope everything is going well and your reason for needing assistance with housekeeping is a good one! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job.

    I wish I could get my children to even behave during Mass. I cannot even imagine my kiddos assisting the priest. My children assiting the priest is so far fetched that its laughable:D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...