Friday, May 14, 2010
Quick Takes Volume 3
2. I think cookie cakes are my new favorite thing to bake. Not only are they easy to make, but they're yummy too! It incredibly easy to make when compared to the work involved with baking cookies or even cupcakes. Now I just need to take a class and learn how to decorate them nicely.
3. I'm done with CCD until September. I wonder what I'll do with the extra 4-5 hours a week.
4. Ellie is progressing nicely with learning to read. My mom borrowed a copy of Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons and I've been doing some of the lessons with Ellie. After using the book for a week I'm still not sure if I like it. The approach is very similar to how I'm teaching her to read so I'm trying to discern whether it's worth buying the book.
5. I'm convinced that homegrown strawberries are one of the most delicious foods. Bryan just picked a few more juicy strawberries for me and told me to brace myself for an impending bumper crop. I can't wait!
6. Today's lovely weather is perfect for me to go outside and read the latest book I'm reviewing.
7. I need to get my gardening tools out and weed my small vegetable garden so I can put the plants I was given for Mother's Day in the ground. I think I have my work cut out for me.